Join us on a trip into the frozen heart of the second largest glacier in Iceland. This man made attraction will be both as educational as it is breathtaking! Prepare to enter a seemingly alien world and learn its secrets as you go ‘into the glacier’
Duration: 11 Hours
Difficulty: Very Easy
Minimum Age: 2
Run in conjunction with some of our partner companies here in Iceland our ‘fjords and into the glacier’ tour is a great choice for people who want to really dive into the nature of Iceland.
By journeying into a series of man made tunnels inside the Langjökull glacier we are able to offer you a unique experience all throughout the year. You will be able to learn about how glaciers form, what they can teach us and what threats they face from global warming. Getting to the top of a glacier is easier said than done however and this is why we employ the use of specially modified vehicles in order to get you up from the base of the glacier in Húsafell to the peak!
When the tour of the glacial caves is over we will bring you back to the city but not before making sure to check out some of the other local nature hotspots on the way such as the Hraunfossar waterfall and the Deildartunguhver hot spring.
- Hraunfossar Waterfall
- Langjökull glacier
- Ride in a specially modified truck
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Free tour pick up from your accommodation in Reykjavík
- 1 hour guided Ice Cave tour with necessary safety equipment
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjökull Glacier.
What do I need to bring?
Bring warm clothing and something waterproof to wear and good walking shoes.
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier that departure from Klaki base camp by the glacier’s edge.
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels.
- English speaking driver / guide / audio guidance.
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles.
Fee of 100% if booking is cancelled a day or less before event
Book now to reserve your spot.